Second round karting action at Boyndie circuit

Dry and sunny with a splash of rain at mid-day were the conditions for the second rounds of the ASKC SuperSeries and GKC club championships at Boyndie recently.

Monday, 13th May 2013, 12:46 pm
The competitors get underway in the Mini Max rolling lap.

Feature trophies of the day were the Kenny McKay Shield for a junior GKC driver and the JRD Cup for a senior driver.

In the Honda Cadets Cameron Thomson took the early lead from Craig Mann, Lewis Miller and Abbie Munro.

Thomson opened a couple of lengths from Mann. Munro moved up to third on lap five and to second a lap latter. Thomson was closed down.

The lead swapped several times between Munro and Thomson howeverMunro maintained the lead and took the victory by three tenths from Thompson. Miller and Mann changed places several times and it was Miller who took third.

A driving standard’s stop and go penalty was imposed on Michael McPherson ruined his race in the Mini Max on lap two. Cameron McLaughlin took the early lead from Lucas Blakeley and Fraser Pierce.

The race got spread out with McLaughlin taking the victory from Blakeley and Pierce. Abigail Ross took fourth and McPherson fifth.

In the Junior Max event, Ben Lambie led the large grid of drivers away from Neil MacLennan , Jack Gordon and Tommy Leckie.

This order was maintained to midway distance when Leckie began his move up the order. By lap 12 he had taken the lead and took the chequered flag. Lambie took second ahead MacLennan and Gordon.

In the Senior Max event, Kyle Fowlie took the lead and was closely followed by Greg Simpson, Morgan Murray, Ryan Tod and Blair Campbell.

Tod moved to third on the third lap. Gaps opened to three seconds between the top three and the finishing order was Fowlie, Simpson and Tod.

Pole-man, Daniel Borton in the A plated kart, took the lead at the lights from Ryan Cannon, Ryan Sharp, Liam McGill and Walter Wallace in the ICC (Gearbox).

Sharp out-braked himself at pit corner on lap two. McGill took second at half distance and Wallace took third a lap later.

This order was maintained with Borton taking the chequered flag from McGill, Wallace and Cannon.

Jenny McKay presented trophies in clubhouse.

The next race meeting takes place on Sunday, June 9.

See website for more details.