There’s plenty to do in Aberdeenshire this weekend. The Fraserburgh Herald has listed just some of the many events taking place on our doorstep.
Remember, if you would like your event publicised, all you need to do is email the relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a reporter on 01346 513900.
• Childrens craft session at Boddam Library: aimed at pre-school and primary school children, this free to attend event at Boddam Library takes place from 3pm to 4pm.
• Pitmedden music festival: a two-day musical and entertainment event for all the family starts on Friday at the National Trust for Scotland’s Pitmedden Garden Estate. Events include a beer festival and childrens’ entertainment. Details at www.pitmeddenmusicfestival.com.
• Bookbug story and rhymetime at Fraserburgh Library: aimed at children 0-4-years-old, who must be accompanied by a guardian, this free event takes place at Fraserburgh Library from 10:30am to 11am.
• WrestleZone Live!: wrestling returns to the Victoria Hall in Ellon featuring a tag team championship match. Doors open at 7pm with the first bell at 7:30pm. Entry on the doors is £12 for adults and £8 for under 14s.
• Marie Curie Cancer Care open clay pigeon shoot: taking place at the Crimond Airfield from 10:30am to 4pm, courtesy of Crimond Clays, there will be a 25 bird DTL re-entry, a 25 bird skeet, and pool shooting. Refreshements, prizes and raffles also on offer. Queries to Ian on 07711337685.
• Fraserburgh Lifeboat open day: taking place at the Fraserburgh fishmarket on Saturday, the annual lifeboat open day will feature opportunities to meet the crew and enjoy a variety of entertainments. A parade from the Royal British Legion through the town centre at 10:45pm will officially open the event at 11am.
• Moonlight Prowl: this breast cancer research, fundraising event is set to take place from the Dalrymple Hall and Arts Centre at 8pm, when hundreds of women from the North-east will, while wearing pink, walk a route around Fraserburgh.
• World Oceans Day celebration: join the Banff and Buchan ranger in celebrating the day with events at Macduff Marine Aquarium and the nearby rock pools. For information on this free event, which takes place from 12:30pm to 2pm, contact the ranger on 01261 813299. Children must be accompanied by an adult, suitable clothing and footwear advised.
• Seabird watch: the Buchan ranger will be hosting a seabird watch at the Bullers of Buchan from 11am to 3pm. Car parking is available at the lay-by on the A975. Be aware of the cliff top, not advisable for young children or those with a dislike of heights. Further details can be sought from the ranger on 01771 622857.