Karting action from Boyndie

Honda Cadet class drivers Ben Burnett (45) and Adam Kilmond battle it out.
Honda Cadet class drivers Ben Burnett (45) and Adam Kilmond battle it out.

Abbie Munro got the best start in the Honda Cadet final and immediatly opened a 10m-gap.

She was chased by Craig Mann, Jonathan Edwards, Aidan Welch, Ben Burnett and Adam Kinmond.

Mann began to close the gap but Munro maintained the lead and took the victory.

In the Junior Max, following spins by Reece Gillan and Cameron McPhee, Robbie Souter led to the take the victory. McPhee came home second followed by Gillan.

‘Barbecue man’, David Kellock, only decided to come racing on Saturday night with a borrowed outfit put it on pole for the final in the Senior Max event.

However it was Connor Wilson who took the early lead but by the end of the first lap Kellock was in front.

Kellock and Wilson drew away from the rest of the pack. Ross Shearer gradually made inroads into the front pair and by the last few had caught them.

Kellock took the victory and the podium places going to Wilson and Shearer.

The battle for fourth was being hotlycontested between Liam Ross, Liam Souter and Lucy Grant.

At the seventh lap all three were off at Shirlaws. This allowed Lewis Rae through to fourth and Tony Strachanfifth.

However on the last lap red flags were shown to end proceedings as Ross was involve in a major accident. Rae and Strachan took fourth and fifth ahead of Chris Fraser, Reis Robertson, John Gronbach and Samuel Ashton.

In the Prokarts, the ‘B’ final was won by Mark Wyness and with five drivers going forward to the ‘A’ final the other qualifiers were Ryan McAdam, Brett Cowan, Stuart Wyness and George Douglas.

From the second row Ryan Cannon launched into the lead and escaped from the pack.

Jack Gordon took up the chase with pole man Steven Allan and Ben Gordon.

Cannon took the victory and second was Jack Gordon. Michael Ogilvie had come through from his eighth starting spot to take a credible third place.

Mark Wyness also had a good run from11th to take fourthplace. Stuart Dalgarno was next up followed home by Ryan McAdam, Brett Cowan and George Douglas.

The KZ2 UK gearbox final split into two pairs. The front two of Michael Christie and Gordon Hawton sped off into the distance.

Hawton was on Christie’s bumper for the early part of the final but Christie edged out a few lengths by mid-distance. Just as everyone was thinking it was all over Christie spun at the top of the circuit allowing Hawton through to take the chequered flag.

Christie recovered quickly to salvage second. Ian Duncan had John Robertson on his bumper during the early laps but opened up a distance to take third place on the podium.

Club chairman, Andy Borton, presented trophies in clubhouse after the meeting.

The next race meeting takes place on Sunday, July 13.

See website www.grampian for details.