Latest results from Boyndie

Honda Cadet - 78 Jonathan Edwards, 73 Tristan Rennie, 48 Ben Macleod, 76 Leon Henderson, 45 Ben Burnett
Honda Cadet - 78 Jonathan Edwards, 73 Tristan Rennie, 48 Ben Macleod, 76 Leon Henderson, 45 Ben Burnett

Sunny, warm and breezy conditions were the order of the day for the third round of the Boyndie Drome Open Challenge.

The Honda Cadets have been producing the closest racing at Boyndie and this final did not disappoint.

Mini Max - 93 Logan Blake, 36 Craig Mann

Mini Max - 93 Logan Blake, 36 Craig Mann

A group of four opened up a gap from the rest of the field. They were Tristan Rennie, Ben MacLeod, Jonathan Edwards and Ben Burnett.

Soon the four were five with Leon Henderson joining the fun.

Position changed each lap in this closely contested final, pit corner was a favourite passing place with the dive down the inside.

It was three laps from home when Edwards took the lead at pit corner and going through the loop opened a five metre gap.

Senior Max - 39 Kieran Smart, 25 Liam Souter

Senior Max - 39 Kieran Smart, 25 Liam Souter

This proved decisive as when the other caught him on the last lap was able to defend pit corner and sprinted to the chequered flag.

Second across the line was Macleod followed by Rennie, Henderson and Burnett.

In the meantime Logan Mann was holding sixth until Craig Blake grabbed the position on lap five, which he held until the race end.

Mann took seventh and was followed home by Darren Guijt and Rebecca McPhee.

The Mini Max/Junior Max drama started before the race as Craig Mann’s kart did not fire on the dummy grid.

Fathers descended and fixed the kart and he was able to take his position on the rolling lap.

Logan Blake took the lead with Craig Mann on his bumper, however Blake gradually stretched his lead and won comfortably.

Mann finished second with Aiden Welch third and Kieran Glen took fourth spot.

Junior max soon became spread out with Robbie Souter taking the victory from Cameron McPhee and Reece Gillan.

Senior Max pole man, Liam Souter, led away when the lights went out closely followed by Kieran Smart - this pair opened a gap over the rest of the field.

Smart made his move through the Seafield complex taking the inside line.

Once in front Smart opened up a gap and took the victory.

Souter took second place. Derek Strachan took third well clear of the pack.

Charlie Mackintosh held fourth for the early laps until Gary Williams took the place on lap 4.

Liam Ross was making his way through but a collision with Mackintosh saw the latter retire.

Ross was excluded by officials at the end of the race. Williams finished fourth and was followed home by Mathew McBride, Merlin Aldrick and Ben Underwood.

The prokart B final was won by Robert Stevenson with Oliver Bailey as runner-up.

The prize was the final two slots in the A final.

Michael Ogilvie had a lights to flag victory with by a margin.

A close battle for second between Stuart Dalgarno and Steven Allen was resolved in the favour of Allen.

Fourth home was kart four, being driven by Kevin Doherty followed by Scott Murray and Roy Wilson.

Robert Stevenson, B final winner, came through to take seventh ahead of Deborah Brown.

Neil Anderson won the depleted field of gearbox karts final and Ian Duncan took second ahead of John Robertson.

Sarah Ward presented the trophies at the clubhouse after the meeting.

The next race meeting takes place on Sunday, September 20.

Visit for more details.