Goals galore in league and cup

New Pitsligo faced Rosehearty Thistle in a first round match of the Ship Inn League Cup and it took the home side a while to get going but after Neil Christie broke up field to open the scoring.

He added a second from a McCluskey corner which he headed in at the back post and he got his hatrick when he latched onto a Wisley long ball to fire home.

A fourth goal came from an og by Robertson. Christie got his fourth after an unselfish G Stephen played across goal to Christie to score when he could have scored himself. A sixth goal was another og from Pearson.

Another first round game was between Elizabethan Link Up and Bellslea and it ended with the away side going into the Quarter finals to play either Clinton thistle or Cheers.

They won by 5 goals to 1 and the scorers were Fraser Watt with a hatrick and 1 from Daryl Allan and William Calder and for the home side was Andy McKay.

Panasonic Tavern were facing Faithlie United in a first round match and it was expected to be a close one and it was the visitors who went in front with a goal from Daniel Reid and they led until the last 10 seconds of the match where Andy Whyte drew the home side level.

It went to a penalty shootout where Panasonic scored all 5 with Alan Donaldson scoring the winning penalty to go through to an away tie against St Combs.

St Combs had a home game against Mormond Thistle in the first round Ship Inn League Cup. The home side went 2 nil ahead in the first half then extended to 3 nil a minute into the second half. The away side pulled one back with a cracking free kick by Calum Brown.

St Combs scored two more to make it 5-1 then Brown got his second for Mormond. The home side’s sixth was their best playing good passing football from the back up the left hand side crossed over to the right and played in for an easy goal.

They scored one more to make the final score 7-2. The home goals were scored by Peter Bruce netting 4, Neil Taylor 2 and 1 from Eric John West.

Harbour Lights were up against Invercairn United in the first round of the Gordon Leask Memorial Cup and it was the away side that go through to the second round scoring 10 goals without reply. The goals came from Gilbert Paterson Jnr hitting 4, a hatrick from Christopher Watt, a brace from Bruce Strachan and 1 from Jason Duthie.

In another first round tie Mambo’s faced Clinton Thistle and the away side took the lead from a goal from Scott Falconer but two quick goals from James Timmins put Mambo’s 2-1 ahead at half time.

Falconer levelled early in the second half then Noble put the away side in the lead once more. Martin Atkinson went onto score 2 headed goals for Clinton to run out winners by 5 goals to 2. Watson in the home goal had an outstanding game in the home goals.

Hatton faced New Deer in their first round game and a close one was expected. New Deer went in front from a Gary Thomson free kick. Hatton hit back drawing level with an own goal.

New Deer went back in front through Jimmy Ritchie but back came Hatton hit back once more drawing level with a goal from Alan Geddes and they went onto score a winner with 7 minutes remaining with a goal from Manager James Bain to go through to the second round.

Panasonic Tavern had St Drostans as visitors for the Deejay nightclub league on April 23 and Alan Donaldson put the home side ahead. Lee Inglis hit the bar but shortly after made amends to put Panasonic 2 nil up.

St Drostans went down to 10 men after Karl Noble was sent off. Alan Donaldson made it 3 before half time. Ingils and Ally Donaldson made it 5. Ally Donaldson hit a shot from 40 yards which bounced in the box and over the keeper.

Alan Donaldson and lee Ingils both completed their hatricks before the end to finish the scoring for Panasonic to win 8-0.

Cheers came up against Bellslea in a league match and it was the away side that came away with all 3 points with a 3 nil win with Fraser Watt netting 2 and Jamie Buchan with the other goal.

Invercairn United faced Faithlie United and the away side took the lead from a corner on 7 minutes which found Martyn Summers to score. Summers turned provider for Faithlie’s second goal when his cross found Gary Clark unmarked at the back post to score.

On the break Lee Noble carried the ball a long way and was fouled inside the box to earn Invercairn a penalty which was scored by Gilbert Patterson Jnr. Faithlie increased their lead in the second half when Ryan Whyte played a lovely ball through the home defence for McKinnon to score at the second attempt.

Invercairn pulled one back with a crazy own goal by Whylie which looped over Stephen in the away goal. Jamie Martin played a quick 1:2 with Forman and then poked the ball home past Stephen.

Just at the end the home side snatched the 3 points when a quick throw in fell to Gall in the box and he swung round and his left foot shot went high into the net to end the game.