Four to the floor for Cruden Bay

It was league business again for Cruden Bay at a blustery but sunny, Watson Park on Saturday.

And it was a fantastic triumph over Bishopmill United with the Buchan side emerging 4-0 victors.

For the first five minutes both sides appeared to be sizing each other up with only a speculative shot from midway in the Bishopmill half, which was well wide, by Cadger of note.

A good run by Johnny Watson down the left came to nothing as he was robbed by the Bishopmill defence. The same player was upended on the edge of the box, with keeper Andzed easily collecting the free kick from Cadger.

On 20 minutes good interplay between Morrison, Cadger and Lynch ended with the latter slotting the ball into the net to give the Bay the lead.

Morrison did well to get the ball across the goal to Lynch, whose shot was brilliantly saved by Andzed who tipped the ball over the bar. From the corner the ball was cleared off the line by McIntyre.

The Bay increased their lead on 30 minutes following another good move involving Morrison, Tocher and Cadger with a delightful back heel to Irvine who finished the move by slotting the ball past Andzed.

Andzed was forced into action again when he had to save a Cadger free kick from the edge of the box. The Bishopmill Utd keeper then did well when he moved quickly off his line to save at the feet of Anderson who had been put through by Johnny Watson.

Cadger tried his luck moving into the second half with a further speculative shot from midway in the Bishopmill Utd half but, again, this was way off target and then the Bishopmill Utd keeper easily collected a Johnny Watson free kick.

Anderson put in a great cross, Lynch connected with the ball, but his effort was saved by Andzed at the expense of a corner. From the kick from Lynch, Irvine slotted the ball home to increase the Bay’s lead on 58 minutes. A minute later the Bay went further ahead when Lynch headed home another cross from Anderson.

Tocher did well to win the ball in midfield and then put Morrison free on the left; the latter’s cross being deflected into Andzed’s hands.

At this stage the Bay were playing some neat football and began to dominate the game, reducing Bishopmill Utd to sporadic attacks. In successive Bay attacks an Anderson effort was cleared by the Bishopmill Utd defence for a corner and in another, a Morrison through ball was easily collected by Andzed.

In a rare Bishopmill Utd attack Downie did well to rob Mellis as he bore down on goal. The resultant corner went clear across the Bay goal and out for a throw in.

On Saturday, the Bay have a tough Scottish Cup first round tie against Armadale Thistle at Watson Park, kick off 3pm.

Cruden Bay: Glennie, Tocher, J Watson, Sangbarani, Downie, Anderson, Shaw, Irvine, Cadger, Lynch, Morrison. Subs: Goodwin, Wilby, Daniel, Sangster, D Watson, Webster, Simmers.