Win for Cruden Bay over Newmachar

The Bay completed their league cup campaign on Saturday with a triptoNewmachar.

A early Findlay cross from the right by Findlay was chipped into hands of keeper McKinnon by Gibb and then the home side retaliated with a shot from Keith on the edge of the box, which went wide.

Play then settled down with neither side getting on top or with no real clear cut chances . In a Bay attack, though a Gibb corner from the left went right across the home goal with no Bay player able to connect with the ball. At the other end, a Ritchie crossfield ball went to Pugh, who then put a cross well behind.

Then a counterattack from the Bay, Gibb made a run down the left; however his final cross went to Reid who was unable to control the ball.

A shot from Keith was saved comfortably by Gatt, in the Bay goal at the second attempt, although with half an hour gone neither side was on top a there were still few chances .

A Sime free kick forced a corner from the home defence. From the corner, from McLeman, Findlay headed the ball back across goal by the ball was put out for another corner which came to nothing Then a through ball from McLeman, intended for Reid, was cleared by Graham.

Gibb then laid the ball back to Beddie who put in cross from the left, which was headed back by Findlay to Stephen whose effort from just outside the box was well over the bar; then Stephen broke clear and tried to find Gibb but his effort was too long,

A Graham back header from a Copeland cross following a corner went just wide and then a free kick by Pugh from twenty yards was well wide of the goal.

In a Bay attack, a McLeman free kick from the left was headed over the bar by Findlay and then the home side countered with a Pugh shot from the right was punched clear by

A long range shot from Copeland on the right went well over and then Ritchie effort from the right went behind. Shand then set up Mearns but once more the final effort went well passed.

With 71 minutes gone the Bay went ahead - Glendinning put in a cross from the left which keeper McKinnon, could only push out into the path of Stainton.

The Bay player made no mistake stroking the ball into the net. Another long ball from Glendinning went straight to keeper, McKinnon.

Reid then robbed Milnes and put the ball across goal but Meldrum was on hand to clear the danger and then a shot from Gibb went straight to the home keeper.

This was far from a classic game but the Bay managed another clean sheet and to hang on.

Cruden Bay: Gatt; Findlay, Beddie, Arthur, Sime, Stephen, Norris, McLeman, Gibb, Smart, Reid. Subs: Donald, Glendinning, Stainton, Tocher.

Newmachar: McKinnon, Copeland, Milnes, Graham, Meldrum, Ritchie, Shand, Pugh, Buchan, Keith, L. Patterson. Subs: A. Paterson, Mearns, MacSween, Anderson, Chapman