Well deserved away win for Cruden Bay as United fail to hit the net

fraserburgh utd 0

cruden bay 3

It was PMAC League Division One (East) fixture again Saturday when Cruden Bay visited Fraserburgh United

An early free kick from Stainton went straight into the arms of Fraserburgh keeper, Masson del Testa and Fraserburgh retaliated with a cross from Steven Lawrence which was comfortably collected by Gatt.

For the first ten minutes both sides were probing but neither got the upper hand.

A free kick from Gatt on the edge of the centre circle went wide of goal as there were no Bay takers.

Patterson chipped the ball to Bruce on the left; the latter’s cross came back of Clark, but the Bay man’s second cross went straight to Masson Del Testa. Another cross from Patterson was cleared by Noble, the ball going to Stainton but his shot a goal went straight to the Fraserburgh keeper.

The Bay continued to press for the opener; a Sime free kick half way in the home side’s half was headed straight into Masson Del Testa’s hands by Findlay and then Sime tried a long range effort.

In a Fraserburgh attack Downie collected the ball in midfield and tried a long through ball but Gatt was quick to collect and clear the danger. Findlay set Tocher up on the right, who ran on and put in a cross which was headed over by Patterson. The latter then put a pass through to Tait who made a run down the centre but then shot weakly to the home keeper from the edge of the box.

The Bay got the goal their attacking play deserved in the 36th minute; Bruce was upended in the box by Clark Staintinton made no mistake from the spot.

The Bay had a scare when Findlay’s weak back pass was collected by Steven Lawrence; however, Gatt was quickly off his line to block the shot.

Another Sime free kick was easily collected by keeper Masson Del Testa and a second free kick was fumbled by the home keeper but he made amends by blocking Bruce’s shot, the ball going out for a corner.

In a Fraserburgh attack in the dying minutes of the half Gatt easily collected a cross.

The home went on the attack from the restart in an attempt to get the equaliser. The Bay overcame these and got themselves back into the game quickly.

A cross from the left by Gibb was headed out by Noble, the ball falling to Bruce; however the latter’s shot from the edge of the box went wide.

In 62 minutes the Bay increased their lead.

A Gibb cross from the left was not cleared by the home defence and Tait nipped in to put the ball past Masson Del Testa. In a Fraserburgh attack, Bruce gave a free kick just outside the box; the Bay however, cleared the danger.

Cruden Bay continued to press and a neat move involving Bruce and Stainton ended with the latter shooting wide.

Another good move by the Bay ended with a shot which Patterson shot going

The Bay increased their lead with five minutes left. Tocher won the ball on the right, then ran on and cut inside the box and put in a shot which Masson Del Testa could only help in to the net.

The Bay finished the game on top to complete a good away win.

CRUDEN BAY: Gatt, Findlay, Beddie, Arthur, Sime, Tocher, Patterson, stainton, Tait, Gibb, Bruce. Subs: Glendinning, McLeman, Norris, Smart, Reid