Weekend action from Nightclub League

IN THE semi-final of the Brucklay Cup, Faithlie United faced Clinton Thistle and it was the visitors who took the lead when Darren Barbour smashed his 18-yard strike into the roof of the net.

Clinton were awarded a penalty shortly after and up stepped Gilbert Patterson Jnr to send the keeper the wrong way and give Clinton a two-goal lead.

A good move by the away side resulted in Scott Milne having a simple side-foot for their third goal.

Simon Whyte was pulled down inside the box by Clark resulting in a second penalty for Clinton. The same taker fired the ball goalwards but it came back of the post and away.

Stuart Fowlie added a fourth when he jumped with the home keeper and the ball came off his back and into the net.

Faithlie did get a goal back from a Chris Grieve drive from the edge of the box which found the bottom corner of the net.

Rosehearty Thistle entertained new Pitsligo in the other semi nd it was an easy passage for New Pitsligo into the final after scoring nine goals without reply.

In the Deejays Nightclub League, Bellslea entertained Faithlie United and Clark had the first chance when he was played in on the right but dragged his shot wide.

Bellslea took the lead on 40 minutes when a Buchan cross was parried out by Allan and Scott falconer was on hand to give the home side a deserved lead.

On the hour mark the away side drew level from a Daniel Reid cross and Andrew Whyte headed in at the front post.

Good work on the right by Arron gall and he picked out Falconer at the front post to head the home side in front again.

Faithlie had the chance to draw level when they were awarded a penalty. Up stepped Daniel Reid but his shot was saved by Pirie.

Faithlie drew level for a second time when Summers was played down the right and when his cross came in Gary Summers tried to cut the cross out but it ended up in his own net.

Cheers entertained league leaders St Combs and the away side was well in control in the first half and were three goals up by half time.

Cheers came storming back with a brilliant hatrick from Martin Atkinson.

Cheers pushed forward and were awarded a free kick on the edge of the St Combs box. Ryan Thomson stepped up to take the freekick and he curled the ball right into the bottom corner of the net to complete a brilliant comeback and take all three points and this win leaves a dent to the St Combs league challenge.

Elizabethan Link Up faced Rosehearty Thistle and it was the visitors that took the lead with a goal from Matty Byiers.

The home side missed a few chances but no goals in the first half.

The home side hit back in the second half and Neil Holland drew them level. Clint Cassie and Brent Bruce scored two more for the home side to help them run out winners by 3-1 This is a fine win for Bryan and his boys.

New Pitsligo were hosts to St Drostans and the home side kept their title hopes alive going with a win by 5-1

Fixtures for Tuesday, July 17:

Ship Inn League Cup first round - Rosehearty Thistle v Elizabethan Link Up; quarter-final - New Deer v St Combs (kick-off 7pm).

Friday, July 20:

Brucklay Cup Final - New Pitsligo v Clinton Thistle (kick-off 7pm).

Saturday, July 21:

Ship Inn League Cup first round - Bellslea v Mormond Thistle; quarter-final - St Drostans v Faithlie United (kick-off 2pm)