SoccerWorld Cup weekend action sees goals galore from Buchan sides

In the North East Timber Supplies Buchan League, first met second when Hatton played Panasonic and it was the away side that took the lead on nine minutes with a left foot drive by Summers.

Hatton then created a host of chances without converting any and then a break by Pana and Stuart was played in on the right but he lashed wide of the target.

On 67 minutes Pana doubled their lead when, from a Summers corner, Kevin Park rose to head home. A minute later the home side pulled a goal back when Bain played in Ally Thomson whose left foot shot found the net.

For the last 15 minutes Hatton threw everything at Pana but the away side were inspired by their goalkeeper Mark Simpson who was in brilliant form.

The last minute of the game saw Jay Buchan unleash a curling dipping shot from 35 yards which looked as though it was heading over the keeper in to the top corner of the net but Simpson somehow got his fingertips to the ball and tipped it over for a corner and earn his team three valuable league points.

Phd Pensioners faced Longside Thistle and the match ended with the away side winning by 3- 0. The winning goals came from Kyle Watt, Michael Murray and Neil Hay.

Glenugie United faced a Balmoor side who are struggling after a string of bad results but it ended in a comfortable win for Balmoor after they won by 8-1.

Cuminestown faced the free-scoring Methlick in their league game and it was goals galore with the away side winning by 6-4.

Balmoor faced local side Dales FC in a league game and the home side ran out winners scoring seven goals without reply.

The last game of the day was between Dales FC and Ardallie and it was the away side that went on to win by 4 -2.

The winning scorers were Steven Sim who netted a brace and one each from Grant Taylor and Jamie Pallister and replying for the home side was Paul Taylor and Callum Gasson.

In the SoccerWorld Cup semi-final Hatton faced Longside Thistle and it was Longside that had the better start.

They earned a penalty on 11 minutes and it was converted by Michael Murray.

Hatton had a great chance to draw level but wasted two good chances.

Hay for Longside had a chance to double the lead but managed to fire over from eight yards.

On 40 minutes Hatton came close from a Ally Thomson free kick which came back off the bar and rebounded to Jamie McNeill who blazed over the bar.

Into the second half Bain came close, his shot narrowly went past the post.

A Kyle Watt free kick hit the top of the bar and over. For the last 20 minutes Hatton were on the ascendance but couldn’t find a goal until 83 minutes when a 35-yard shot bullet by Jamie McNeil drew Hatton on level terms.(must be goal of the season so far).

With the 90 minutes complete it went into extra time and it looked like heading into a penalty shoot-out when Hatton were awarded a definite penalty. Upstepped Ally Thomson to fire home the winner.

The second semi was between Panasonic and Methlick and it was Booth from Panasonic that had the first chance but shot well wide.

At the other end Gracey did well on the right and his cutback was blocked.

Craig Smith had a great chance for Methlick when he got in past the defence and lobbed the keeper but it went over the bar.

Panasonic were awarded a free kick 25 yards from goals and Summers hit a powerful shot and Burnette managed to push over the bar.

Donaldson had a good save with his feet from Smith to keep the first half goalless.

Methlick took the lead on 60 minutes after Brown was displaced by Gracey and the striker coolly slotted the ball home.

It was end-to-end but there were no more goals until the 83 minute when a ball was played to the edge of the box where substitute Paul Donaldson shot found the corner of the net.

The Methlick keeper made a good save from Marty Duncan then a brilliant save from a Duthie shot from 20 yards which was heading for the top corner of the net until Burnette got a hand to it.

Gracey came close on a few occasions in the first half of extra time but failed to convert any.

In the 110th minute Methlick regained the lead. The same player set up Kevin Taylor and he made no mistake.

A minute later it was all square again after Ritchie set up Kevin park to score but Methlick hit back and regained the lead again when Gracey pick the ball up on the right and blasted the ball past Donaldson to book their place in the final.

Results as follows:

League -Dales FC 2, Ardallie 4; Phd Pensioners 0, LongsideTh 3; Hatton 1, Panasonic 2; Balmoor 8, Glenugie United 1; Cuminestown 4, Methlick 6; Balmoor 7, Dales FC 0.

SoccerWorld Cup semi-final-Hatton 3, Longside Th 2 (aet); Methlick 3, Panasonic 2 (aet).

Fixtures for Thursday, June 27:

Hatton Cup first round-Dales FC v Panasonic; quarter-final-Longside v Cuminestown; Balmoor v Phd Pensioners.

Friday, June 28:

SoccerWorld Cup final-Hatton v Methlick played at New Deer (ko 7pm).

Monday, July 1:

League - Ardallie v Longside, Methlick v Glenugie United, Hatton v Balmoor, Dales Fc v Cuminestown, Phd Pensioners v Panasonic (ko 7pm).