Pensioners lose for first time

Share this article

PHD Pensioners lost for the first time this season to local rivals Mambos by 4-0.

Alan brown gave the visitors the lead on eight minutes when he turned in a cross from Andy Whyte. The same player got his second on 42 minutes to give the visitors a two-goal lead at half time.

Mambos stretched their lead when a Jamie Donald shot was fumbled by Moir and it ended in the net. James Timmins completed the misery for the home side when he headed home from a Norris free kick.

This was an excellent result for Mambos as they have been playing well but just not getting results.

Grange United were home to Cuminestown and this was expected to be a close affair.

The away side took the lead on five minutes with a goal from mark Maniukiewicz. The home side hit back with goals from Marc Walker who fired in a screamer from the edge of the box and another straight from a corner.

Brent Holtby Wall added a third from the penalty spot and Craig Good added a fourth to end the scoring.

The visitors ended the match with ten men after Mark Maniukiewicz was sent off.

Buchanhaven Rangers entertained Longside Thistle and with the away side in good form, it was going to be a hard game for Rangers.

It ended in a 5-2 win for Longside. The away scorers were Robert McSeveney and Davie Anderson both netting braces and one for Scott Davidson and replying for the home side were Adam Kendall and Jason Walker.

Harbour Lights faced Ardallie in their league game and it was the away side that got their first three points of the season with a 6-1 win.

Star of the night was Jamie McNeill who netted four goals and the others came from Johnstone and an og and replying for the home side was Daniel Smith.

Mambos were hosts to Methlick and the home side produced another fine win after the match ended with mambos running out winners by 6-1.

The goals came from Luke Stephen with a brace and one apiece from David Gourley, Alan brown, Calum Slessor and Andy Whyte and for the visitors was Raymond Brown.

In League Cup Group A, Harbour had inform Longside Thistle as opponents and the gap in the league table showed with the away side scoring double figures without reply.

It ended in an 11-goal win for Longside and star of the night was David Fraser who netted seven. Chris Harris fired in a brace and the others came from Robert McSeveney and Wayne Buchan.

The Gordon leask Cup quarter-final took place between Grange United and Peterhead Pensioners.

The home side took the lead on 20 minutes when a corner was swung across and Ross Mair out-jumped the defence to head home.

Cairns in the home goal had a fine save before half time to help his team go in a goal up at the break.

A Waddell 30-yard strike came close but it went over the bar.

The Grange did double their lead when Mair again out jumped the away defence to head home his second of the night.

The home side’s Walker made it 3-0 with the help of a keeper’s mistake and the same player netted his second and Grange’s fourth with a left foot shot which was drilled in to the corner of the net.

The visitors did get a consolation goal near the end of the game with a goal from David Charles.


Thursday, May 17:

League Cup group A - Ardallie v Longside Thistle; Cuminestown v Harbour Lights.

Group B - Buchanhaven Rangers v Grange United; Mambos v Phd Pensioners (kick-off 7pm).

Monday, May 21:

League - Methlick v Longside Thistle; Ardallie v Mambos; Phd Pensioners v BH Rangers; Cuminestown v Harbour Lights (kick-off 7pm).