A packed weekend of action in Welfare League

In the Deejays Nightclub League Rosehearty Thistle faced Bellslea and this was always going to be a tough match for the home side with Bellslea having Fraser Watt and Jonathan Garden back from the juniors along with a few more.

Tuesday, 23rd April 2013, 5:00 am

It took the away side just 15 minutes to open the scoring with a header from Jamie Buchan.

Fraser Watt made it 2-0 on 28 minutes, Daryl Allan scored a third then Jonathan Garden a fourth before half time.

Garden then scored a fifth, Watt got a second and Jordan Clark scored a brace to finish the scoring.

The home side plugged away and Kenny Park had the home side’s best chance to score but when he was through on goal, he shot wide.

I’m sure Bellslea will face a few tougher challenges throughout the season but they look a stronger team this year.

Mormond Thistle faced a strong Clinton Thistle team and the away side proved too strong, running out winners scoring seven without reply.

Simon Whyte hit a hatrick, Willie Noble with a brace and one each from Scott Milne and Martin Atkinhead.

Cheers pick up their first three points of their league season in a seven-goal thriller edging out Mintlaw FC by the odd goal in seven.

The home scorers were Jordan Jamieson, Stuart Whyte, Daniel Simpson and John Bruce and replying for the visitors were Shaun Jamieson with a brace and the other from Bruce Munro.

New Pitsligo faced neighbours New Deer in another league match and at half time it was all even at 1-1.

The home side pushed on in the second half to score three more goals to gather all three points.

Top striker Neil Christie netted a hatrick and Darren Lawson chipped in with the other. Willie Robbie scored for the visitors.

Game of the day was between Faithlie United, who have continued where they left of last season, when they entertained St Combs.

This was expected to be a close game and it was proved right with the home side winning by 3-2.

The winning goals came from Daniel Reid, Matthew Garden and Martin Buchan and for the visitors were Mark Stephen and Mark McIntosh.

Home keeper Coyle was sent off and Dale Allan went in goals and went on to save a Joe Dollman penalty and towards the end made an outstanding save pushing the ball onto the bar.

Results as follows:

North East Scotland Welfare Football - Deejays Nightclub League-Rosehearty Thistle 0, Bellslea 8; Mormond Thistle 0, Clinton Thistle 7; Faithlie United 3, St Combs 2; Cheers 4, Mintlaw FC 3; New Pitsligo 4, New Deer 1.

Fixtures for Tuesday, April 23:

Deejays Nightclub League - Faithlie United v Clinton Thistle (ko 7pm).

Thursday, April 25:

Gordon Leask Memorial Cup, first round - Ardallie v St Combs; Longside Thistle v Mormond Thistle.

Second round - Cuminestown v Bellslea; Methlick v New Pitsligo (ko 7pm),

Friday, April 26:

Deejays Nightclub League - New Deer v Invercairn; Cheers v Faithlie United.

Gordon Leask Memorial Cup, second round - Elizabethan Link Up v Mintlaw FC (ko 7pm).

Saturday, April 27:

Gordon Leask Memorial Cup, first round - Rosehearty Thistle v Panasonic; second round - Clinton Thistle v Balmoor (ko 2pm).

North East Timber Supplies Buchan League

Glenugie United entertained Cuminestown in the North East Timber Supplies Buchan League, and it was closely contested game with the home side taking the lead in the first half with a goal from Kyle Ritchie.

It stayed that way until the last ten minutes of the game when Fraser Williamson drew the away side level. The game looked like it was heading for a draw when Aiden Bruce hit a winner for the away side to steal all three points.

Dales FC had a local derby with Panasonic and this was a close affair and it ended with the away side, Panasonic, keeping their perfect start to the season winning by the odd goal in five.

The winning goals came from Jay Watson, Mark Simpson and Mark Duncan and replying for the home side were James Stuart and Paul Cluiet.

Longside Thistle faced old rivals Ardallie who have made a poor start to the season, but this game might have come at the right time for the away side after they went on to win by the odd goal in seven.

Hero of the day was Greg Johnston who fired home a hatrick and the other came from Ross Forrester.

Replying for the home side were Chris Cameron with a brace and one from Peter Grant. Ardallie ended the game with ten men after Stuart Park was sent off.

Peterhead Pensioners were up against Balmoor who have started the season well and it was a nine-goal feast for the away side.

The goals came from Mark Walker, Brent Holtby Wall, Craig Good and Jordan Fraser all scoring a brace each and the other was from AJ Buchan with a spectacular dipping volley from the edge of the box.

Methlick faced a Hatton team which has had two clean sheets in their first two games of the season and after this game it was three clean sheets in a row after they went on to score five goals without reply.

Goals were scored by Craig Malcolm firing a brace and one each from Alan Geddes, Ian Fyfe and Liam Spencer.

Results as follows:

North East Timber Supplies Buchan League - Methlick 0, Hatton 5; Dales FC 2, Panasonic 3; Glenugie United 1, Cuminestown 2; Peterhead Pensioners 0, Balmoor 9; Longside Thistle 3, Ardallie 4.

Fixtures for Sunday, April 28:

Highland Cup preliminary round - Dales FC v Mosstodloch (kick-off 2pm).

Monday, April 29:

Soccerworld Cup Group A - Ardallie v Methlick; Hatton v Balmoor.

Group B - Longside Thistle v Panasonic (kick-off 7pm).