New Year blues for Bay

CRUDEN Bay restarted their PMAC Division Two season with a home game against Colony Park.

An opening attack by the Bay ended with Walker putting in shot which Keeper Duguid collected at the second attempt.

The Bay had a let-off when Dorrat made a run down the right and put in a low cross which Hart just turned wide of the post.

Cameron received the ball midway in the visitors half rounded Crosbie and put a pass through to Inglis; unfortunately, the Bay player could not take advantage of the opportunity.

The Bay were unlucky after 15 minutes, when Cameron put in a cross into the box which Smith just put wide of his own goal.

At the other end Bonarius headed wide from a R. Maitland cross on the left and then McDonald put an effort wide from the edge of the box. In another attack by the visitors A. Maitland put his effort well over.

Mair then did well to get back and rob McDonald after he had left Wisely stranded and was heading for goal as the visitors began to get on top.

After 30 minutes Sime upended Bonarius in the box; however, Crosbie blasted the ball well over from the spot.

In a Bay attack a Sime free kick went straight through to keeper, Duguid.

The visitors went ahead after thirty three minutes when Crosbie rose unchallenged to head home from an A. Maitland corner. Within minutes they were two up when Bonarius headed in another corner. Dorrat then broke free of the Bay defence and ran on into the box but put the final shot wide.

A Ramsay corner from the right was then cleared of the line by the visitors’ defence and a Cameron free kick from the edge of the box went well over the bar.

A long ball from defence found Dorrat who then cut inside; however, S Buchan in the home goal was equal to his final effort, saving comfortably.

The visitors increased their lead after 53 minutes, when Park was adjudged to have fouled Hart in the area; McDonald made no mistake this time from the spot.

S. Buchan came to the rescue of the Bay as Dorrat made a run into the home box; the Bay keeper saving the first attempt, which then rebounded to the striker and then comfortably collecting the second attempt.

A C. Buchan cross found Cameron who headed onto Inglis but, unfortunately for the Bay his effort went across goal and out of play.

R. Maitland then tried a long range shot from the edge of the box which S. Buchan at full stretch managed to tip round the post; from the corner the ball was headed on by Dorrat but S. Buchan was able to collect comfortably.

A Ramsay corner was headed onto Reid at the far post by Mair, but the Bay Striker headed wide. In another Bay attack Cameron put his shot over from the edge of the box.

This was a lacklustre performance by the Bay to start the new year and by the final whistle they were a well beaten side.