Hearts take Lossiemouth apart in five-star show

BUCHANHAVEN Hearts took on Lossiemouth Utd in a Morrison Cup tie in one of only three games to beat the weather at the weekend.

Hearts took the game to Lossie early on and Scott McLeod just curled a shot wide of Jamieson’s post.

Glendinning got down the left and forced a corner which ended with Duncan having a shot blocked and cleared by the right back Smith.

Evans sent a teasing cross to the back post for Lossie and Simpson saw it behind for a goal kick.

Hearts took the lead when a forceful run by Hart saw him put Dane Ballard through and he shot passed Jamieson with ease to make it 1-0.

Lossie were reduced to ten men when Kyle Moir was sent off for violent conduct after a Jordan Abolghassem tackle.

Hearts almost made it two after a Ritchie corner, Jamie Clark hit the bar with a header.

Hearts were missing chances with Jamieson saving from Duncan and Ballard then he pulled off a stunning save from a Ballard shot but Hearts couldn’t add to their tally with all the possession they had.

Hearts started slowly at the the start of the second half and let Lossie into equalise after they lost the ball and Powell pulled down Fairweather to give Lossie a penalty which Mark Simpson got a hand to but the ball spun into the net.

But Hearts weren’t long in regaining the lead when Steven Hart made it 2-1 when his deflected effort found the net.

Hearts subbed Mark Stainton on for Aidan Ritchie.

Jamieson saved well from a cross from Glendinning as Ballard waited to pounce.

Hearts then made it 3-1 when a poor kick-out from Jamieson landed at Dane Ballards feet. He ran in and shot past the keeper.

Stainton then played in a good ball and Ballard should have scored but Jamieson saved.

Then Scott McLeod got on the score sheet to make it 4-1 when he blasted home after Lossie couldn’t clear their lines.

Kevin Cunningham came on for Danny Glendinning and he volleyed well over with his first touch of the ball, Ballard was put through again by Ryan Duncan and Jamieson denied him his hat trick by saving his chip shot.

Hearts went nap when the ball reached Cunningham at the back post and he side footed the ball home from six yards to make it 5-1.

Hearts eased into the next round with an assured display and could have doubled the scoreline with ease with the amount of chances they created but did miss a lot of chances & still won convincingly which is encouraging.

The next game is at home to Deveronside in Division 1, with the kick-off at 1.30pm.

Hearts: Simpson, Clark, Donald, Powell, Abolehassam, Glendinning, Hart, Ritchie, Ballard, Duncan, McLeod. Subs: Stainton, Cunningham, J.McLean, B.McLean