Gordon Leask Cup quarter final action


Balmoor faced Panasonic in a derby match. Walker came close when a dipping shot from 30 yards came back off the woodwork. Leslie for Panasonic came close to opening the scoring but Samuel made a brilliant save to leave the game goalless at half time. Balmooor were awarded a penalty but Walker fired well wide of the goals. Walker then made amendments when a free kick was floated in Walker nipped in front of Simpson to head home. AJ Buchan added a second after a clash with Simpson and Cordiner, the ball broke to him 20 yards out, he slotted home. The home side completed the win when Walker crossed to the back post where Cordiner headed home to take

Bellslea entertained Ardallie in another Quarter final game and it was the home side took the lead on 10 minutes when Calder converted a penalty, Sinclair doubled the home sides lead before half time. Four minutes into the second half and Garden made it three nil for Bellslea.

It was a nine-goal thriller between Faithlie United and New Deer. The home side led one nil then goals by Lewis Neil, Barry Crighton and James Broadie gave the visitors the lead. The home side made a late comeback scoring on 89 mins and 92 mins to take the game into extra time. The home side struck twice but New Deer pulled one back with a pen from George Heatherwick Jnr. Faithlie scorers were Martin Buchan who netted a hatrick and Daniel Reid and Chris Grieve.

The last Quarter Final was between Clinton Thistle and Mintlaw FC. The away side came close to opening the scoring with a dipping shot from 25 yards by Munro hitting the woodwork. Mintlaw took the lead on 38 minutes when a poor kick out by Summers was blocked by Martin Smith who fired into the empty net. Just before half time Whyte had a chance to get the home side level but couldn’t get his shot past the keeper. With 13 minutes remaining a through ball by Munro was latched onto by Davidson who fired home at the second attempt.

Reports from all the Welfare games available online.