Football: Banks O’Dee thump Longside 8-2

Share this article

Once Banks o’dee got into their stride Longside were always going to be up against it.

The wheels came off in the last quarter of an hour but before that in spells their were encouraging signs and they did play some good football.

Longside travelled to play Banks O’Dee on Saturday in the PMAC group Superleague. It was a nightmare start for Longside going behind in the 1st minute, when the ball came into the middle Biskup headed it down to Ross Forsyth and he tucked it past Thomson.

Thomson came to the Longside rescue when he saved from Allan as he looked set to score. The visitors struck back with the equaliser in 10 minutes when the ball broke to Bruce Munro 25 yards out and he lashed it into the corner of the net.

With 20 minutes gone Longside took the lead when a Donaldson free kick was headed into the path of Ryan Duncan by Cameron and he scored with a stunning volley from the edge of the box.

Anderson beat the offside trap for the home side before chipping the ball over Thomson but Donaldson got back to make sure the ball went to safety.

On the half hour mark the scores were level when the ball was cleared to the edge of the box and Sean Croll drilled it home.

Two minutes later Banks O’Dee took the lead when Thomson failed to hold a Forsyth shot and Lee Ritchie followed up to score.

With 38 minutes gone they went further in front when Max Alexander was allowed to go through two challenges before slipping it past Thomson.

Butcher replaced Burr at the start of the second half for Longside.

The home side forced a corner at the start of the second half but it came to nothing.

Duncan sent Cameron clear but the home defence got back to clear for a corner, Butchers kick was cleared upfield.

Walker made space for himself on the edge of the box before sending a delightful chip which had the keeper beaten all ends up but his effort dipped over the bar.

Daniel became the second change for Longside when he replaced Ramsay.

Longside came so close to scoring a third when Duncan ran onto a Butcher flick but his shot beat the keeper and went inches wide.

Dee scored a fifth when a poor clearance from Thomson fell to Andrew Anderson and he ran through to clip the ball past the keeper.

Longside’s final change saw Duncan being replaced by Weir.

Keith Horne scored two goals in 81 and 82 minutes to pile on more agony for Longside.

With two minutes remaining Ross Forsyth got his second of the game to complete the scoring.

The Longside misery was complete in the final minute when Munro was sent off for picking up his second yellow card.

This Saturday Longside are at home to Deveronside in the PMAC Group Superleague (ko:1.30pm).

Longside: Thomson, Whyte, Buchan, Donaldson, Innes, Munro, Walker, Duncan, Cameron, Burr and Ramsay.

Subs: Butcher, Daniel and Weir.

Referee - G.Jack.