Final home game win for Cruden Bay

CRUDEN Bay played their last home PMAC Division Two Game of the season on Saturday.

The Bay had most of the pressure during the opening five minutes but few chances were created despite having the advantage of the wind.

In a Bay attack Glendinning made a good run down the right and put in a cross which was put out for a corner by the Fochabers’ defence; from the corner from Stainton, Wisely put his effort over the bar. Then Glendinning headed a Wisely cross, from the left, into keeper Flynn’s hands. The Bay continued to press but there were still few chances created. In a rare Fochabers’ attack, a Haproid corner was put well over the Bay bar by Henderson. Reid found Gibb with a through ball, but the latter’s shot was saved by Flynn.

The Bay’s pressure eventually paid off after 35 minutes, when, following a goalmouth scramble, Stainton hammered the ball home. They continued to attack and a Reid shot from just inside the box was then well saved by Flynn and then Wisely found Gibb with a long ball down the left but the final cross from the Bay attacker was put over the bar by Glendinning.

The visitors’ did have their moments and Harrison broke clear of the Bay defence and ran on into the box; however, his shot was well over the bar.

In the dying minutes of the half Buchan was unlucky with a cross shot from the left with just went wide of the post.

In the opening minute of the second half Wisely’s cross from the right was easily collected by Flynn. Glendinning was then just unable to collect a cross following another good run by Wisely.

The Bay were continuing to have most of the pressure again; in another attack Buchan put his effort from 20 yards wide after Flynn had punched out a Glendinning corner from the right.

The Bay pressure eventually paid off again after seventy minutes, when Reid latched onto along ball: the striker calmly controlled the ball and stroked it to Gibb who ran onto to put a shot past keeper Flynn.

McKessick, in the home goal, was then called into action when he had to move smartly to tip a Sopp free kick from 25 yards. Sime then cleared the resultant corner for the Bay.

The visitors’ reduced the arrears, after 85 minutes when Ramsay tripped Harrison in the box; Haproid making no mistake from the spot. The Bay, however, restored their two-goal lead a minute later, when Wisely made a run down the right and put in a cross which Inglis steered past Flynn, from close range.

The Bay were well worth their win and could have won by a greater margin.

CRUDEN BAY: McKessick, Buchan, Wisely, Sime, Arthur, Mair, Tocher, Glendinning, Stainton, Reid, Gibb. Subs: Inglis, Sangster, Ramsay, Findlay, Whyte.