Comfortable win for Maud over East End

Share this article

Maud had the first effort on goal in this PMAC Group Superleague match when Fraser had a shot which hit the bar.

The visitors did take the lead, however, from a Fraser freekick which Barbour got on the end of to divert the ball into the net.

The same player came close again with a drive from 30 yards which went close to doubling the visitors’ lead.

Maud keeper J. Barbour was then called into action after poor defending let Reid in on goal but the big keeper made a good block.

Maud had another chance to increase their lead from an Alexander corner Simpson rose high but couldn’t keep his header on target.

S. Bremner was next to have a chance after being played through with just the keeper to beat, he his shot brilliantly saved by the home keeper McGraw.

The home keeper had an even better save from a sizzling drive from Alexander.

The last action of the first half saw East End on the attack and won a corner which was curled in by Durno and McTavish header went just past the post.

Maud started the second half on the front foot and an excellent ball by midfield dynamo Rae left Alexander clear on the left and he cut in and his shot beat McGraw but went the wrong side of the post.

On 51 minutes Maud did get a deserved second goal from a Fraser corner, L Barbour rose to head home his second goal of the game.

The home side were then reduced to 10 men after S Bremner was through on goal; he went to round the keeper who then bundled him to the ground just outside the box.

Striker Smith then went in goals for the home side who then had to face a, Hall freekick which came back of the post.

Substitute Wilson was only on the pitch for a few minutes when a pass from Keith split the Maud defence but his shot was dragged wide of the goals then Rose had a shot but once more it was well wide.

Maud then made two changes on 65 minutes with Duguid and Morrice replacing S. Bremner and Fraser.

L. Barbour came close to getting his hatrick with his shot coming back off the bar and Duguid followed in to strike the rebound wide of the goals from close.

On 80 minutes A. Bremner came on to replace Rae. An Alexander corner was curled across and the ball ended at the feet of Maud centre half Robertson and he could only fire over from six yards.

With two minutes remaining the home side were reduced to 10 men after Nacef was sent off.

This was Maud’s first match for a month due to the adverse weather.

They controlled the match from start to finish with a win never in doubt. Only thing missing were a few more goals but a clean sheet never goes a miss.

Maud’s next match is in the PMAC Superleague on Saturday at 2pm.

Maud: J Barbour, Graham, Hall, K Simpson, J Robertson, Rae, Fraser, Chalmers, Barbour, Alexander, S BremnerSubs: Morrice, Stott, Ritchie, A Bremner, Duguid