Buchan sides compete in Cup and League weekend action

Bellslea entertained Faithlie United and the home side opened the scoring after five minutes when great play ended with Tait playing in Falconer to finish from the edge of the box.

Falconer made it 2-0 after ten minutes and got his hatrick after 35 minutes when he rounded the away keeper and scored from a tight angle.

Into the second half and Faithlie keeper Reid made three fine saves before Falconer scored his and Bellslea’s fourth with a lob over the keeper.

The visitors did manage to pull a goal back when a White free kick was deflected past his own keeper by Farquhar.

New Pitsligo faced New Deer and the away side sprung a surprise after they won by 3-1.

Michael Rhynd opened the scoring on 15 minutes then Jack Heatherwick doubled the visitors lead before half time.

Veteran striker Willie Robbie added a third on the hour mark before the home side pulled one back with a goal from Gibby Stephen to end the scoring.

St Combs faced league leaders Clinton Thistle and the away side took the lead when they took a quick corner to Willie Noble and he unleashed a tremendous dive into the top corner of the net.

A Holland header made it 2-0 before Summers made a fine save to prevent the home side getting a goal back.

Holland got his second and the visitors third before half time. St Combs hit back with a goal from Peter Bruce which Summers made a hash of saving.

A Milne free kick was headed in by Humphreys then a converted penalty by Scott Milne ended the scoring.

Soccerworld Scotland League

Ardallie entertained League favourites Invercairn United and the away side gathered another three league points winning by a solitary goal from Charles West.

Mormond Thistle faced Longside Thistle in another league game and this one finished with the home side winning all three points by the odd goal in three.

Scorers for Mormond were Ryan Grieg and Robbie Wilkinson and replying for the visitors was Darren Rendall.

Invercairn United faced Methlick and the home side went in front when a Porter cross was headed in at the back post by McRobbie.

Jack Walker added a second then West made it 3-0. West then made it four with a delightful chip over the keeper.

Liam Reid then added numbers five and six before half time.

The second half was goalless leaving the final score 6-0 for the home side who stretched their lead at the top to four points.

Methlick entertained Elizabethan Link Up in a league game. The away side arrived with recent good form and went two up with goals from Jordan Johnson and Jordan Third.

The home side then took control scoring four times through Kevin Taylor who netted twice and one apiece from Martin Smith and James Gracey.

The away side scored a third through Jordan Guild but couldn’t find an equaliser.

Peterhead United faced Cuminestown and the home side had the better chances in the first time half.

Andrew Norris put them ahead but they failed to convert any more chances and the away side came on stronger in the second half and scoredfour times through Scott Fraser, who netted a brace, and one each from Aiden Bruce and John Winton.

The young Town team go back to the top with a fine win.

Gordon Leask Memorial Cup semi-final

St Combs faced Panasonic and the home side went in front when a through ball found John Smith who slotted past Simpson in the away goal.

On 17 minutes it was 2-0 after a Lawrence free kick was parried by Simpson into the path of Smith who lashed home.

On 48 minutes Cameron of Panasonic was red-carded when he made a rash tackle.

This seemed to spur on the away side and a Duncan free kick was deflected on to the post and away.

On 61 minutes a Duncan shot was fumbled by Cheyne into his own net. Simpson then made two fine saves from D. Buchan and Lawrence.

With five minutes remaining Panasonic were awarded a penalty and Clark stepped up to score and take the tie into extra time.

The first 15 mins was goalless, however, on 109 minutes a Lawrence through ball to Smith saw him slot the ball home for his hatrick.

Five minutes later a poor challenge by Tinney saw Panasonic reduced to nine men.

The home side killed the tie and booked a place in the final when Lawrence hit a stunning lob over Simpson from 20 yards into the roof of the net.

The other semi-final was between Clinton Thistle and Mintlaw FC and the game saw a goalless first half but the home side, with the wind behind them, took control of the second half and went on to score three goals through Simon Whyte, Andrew Ritchie and Darren Barbour.

They now meet St Combs in the final.

Terry Sutton Memorial Cup first round

In the Peterhead derby between Buchanhaven FC and Balmoor it was the away side that progressed to the second round scoring two goals without reply.

Scorers for Balmoor were Mark Cordiner and Jack Taylor.

Highland cup first round

Buchanhaven FC played hosts to Panasonic and in a hihg-scoring game it was the visitors Panasonic who went on to win by 7-4.

The winning goals came from Jack Leslie with a hatrick and one each from Allan Donaldson, James Watson, Lee Ingils and Martyn Duncan. Replying for the home side were Chris Bruce and Wayne Simpson both netting twice each.

Bellslea faced New Deer and the home side opened the scoring after five minutes when Garden headed in from a Cowie cross.

It was 2-0 after 18 minutes when Falconer netted from 18 yards. Sim added a third with a neat finish.

Falconer made it four before half time when he ran through and chipped the keeper.

Falconer scored a fifth from the penalty spot.

The same player scored his hatrick on 58 minutes with a thunderbolt shot from 25 yards.

Falconer finished the scoring on 85 minutes with his fourth and Bellslea’s seventh with a second converted penalty.

Holders New Pitsligo faced Moray league leaders Portsoy on a rain soaked park.

The home side came close to scoring when an Innes header was cleared off the line.

On 21 minutes a poor kick-out by the visitor’s keeper fell to Neil Christie who lobbed him from 20 yards.

They doubled their lead on 27 minutes when a Davidson free kick from the edge of the box found the bottom corner of the net.

Pitsligo added a third on 54 minutes when a Davidson corner was headed in by Christie. It was 4-0 on 72 minutes after Davidson rattled in from the penalty spot.

With five minutes remaining the away side managed to get a consolation goal.

Faithlie United faced Moray side Lhanbryde and it was a stroll for the home side after they went on to win by 11 goals to 2.

Scorers for the winning side was Nathan Sandison who netted seven times and Martin Buchan with a brace and Daniel Reid and Andrew Reid with the others.

Mormond Thistle faced another Moray side Hopeman and it was the home side that raced into a 4-1 lead with goals from Martyn Robertson with a brace and one each from Ryan Grieg and Craig Farman.

Hopeman pulled two goals back but couldn’t find Another.

Elgin Thistle faced Buchan side Mintlaw FC and this one ended with the visitors going through by the odd goal in five.

Mintlaw scorers were Scott Forbes, Martin Smith and Mark Fraser.

RAF Lossie faced Buchan side Peterhead United and it was the home side that went through to the second round winning by 4-1.

Scorer for Peterhead was Johnathon McAlpine.

The last game of the day saw Cuminestown face Moray league side Bishopmill Villa and the away side progress through wining b 5-2.

Town scorers were Fraser Williamson and an own goal.

Results as follows:

Deejays Nightclub League - Bellslea 4, Faithlie United 1; New Pitsligo 1, New Deer 3; St Combs 1, Clinton Thistle .

Soccerworld Scotland League-Methlick 4, Elizabethan Link Up 3; Peterhead United 1, Cuminestown 4; Ardallie 0, Invercairn United 1; Mormond Thistle 2, Longside Thistle 1; Invercairn United 6, Methlick 0.

Gordon Leask Memorial Cup semi-final - St Combs 4, Panasonic 2 (aet); Clinton Thistle 3, Mintlaw FC 0.

Terry Sutton Memorial Cup first round - Buchanhaven 0, Balmoor 2.

Highland Cup first round - Mormond Thistle 4, Hopeman 3; RAF Lossie 4, Peterhead United 1; Elgin Athletic 2, Mintlaw Fc 3; Faithlie United 11, Lhynbryde 2; Longside Thistle v Mosstodloch (P); New Pitsligo 4, Portsoy 1; Cuminestown 2, Bishopmill Villa 5; Balmoor v Elizabethan Link Up (P); Buchanhaven 4, Panasonic 7; Bellslea 7, New Deer 0.

Fixtures for Tuesday, June 2:

Nghtclub League -New Deer v Bellslea (7pm kick-off).

Wednesday, June 3:

Deejays Nightclub League - Faithlie United v St Combs.

Ship Inn League Cup quarter-final - New Pitsligo v Mintlaw FC (7pm kick-off).

Thursday, June 4:

Deejays Nightclub League - Balmoor v Panasonic.

Terry Sutton Memorial Cup first round - Peterhead United v Methlick.

Soccerworld Scotland League-Ardallie v Buchanahven FC (7pm kick-off).

Friday, June 5:

Brucklay Cup Final - Longside Thistle v Invercairn (7.15pm kick-off).

Saturday, June 6:

Deejays Nightclub League-Mintlaw FC v St Combs; Clinton Thistle v New Pitsligo.

Soccerworld Scotland League - Mormond Thistle v Elizabethan Link Up.

Ship Inn League Cup semi-final - Faithlie United v Bellslea (2pm kick-off).