Bay routed as Nairn hit six

CRUDEN Bay were at Nairn St Ninian on Saturday in a PMAC Division Two game in another attempt to get back to winning ways.

However, within a minute of the start the Bay found themselves a goal down when Robertson broke through the centre of their defence to strike the ball past Pirie.

Pirie was then in action as he cleared a shot away from Thomson and Sime had to move quickly to clear the danger. Robertson had another chance when he found himself clear but completely mistimed his shot.

With only seven minutes gone the Bay found themselves two down. Nairn took a left short corner and the ball was crossed to McDonald who stabbed the ball home.

Findlay then had to move quickly to get back to clear the danger as Nairn continued to attack.

With 12 minutes on the clock the Bay found themselves further behind when they again failed to clear a Nairn attack. Robertson latched on to a loose ball and raced through the Bay defence to hammer the ball past Pirie.

Thomson then had a further chance for the home side when he raced through the Bay defence once more. This time, however, the Nairn attacker put his effort over.

Anderson then put the ball straight into keeper Ross’ hands from a free kick from about 25 yards. Watson made a good run down the left and put in a cross which Ross punched clear.

After 25 minutes the Bay managed to pull a goal back when the home side failed to clear and the ball fell to Watson who hammered the ball home.

Anderson then made a good run into the Nairn defence, this ended with Goodwin putting the ball over the bar.

After the first 30 minutes the Bay began to get a little more into the game with a Lynch shot which appeared to be heading goalwards but unfortunately deflected for a corner.

From a quick break Robertson kicked the ball to Thomson who put his effort over.

At the other end Nairn keeper Ross had to move quickly to collect a corner when under pressure from Findlay and then had to get down smartly to save a Goodwin effort.

With two minutes of the first half remaining Nairn scored their fourth when Robertson hammered the ball home from a McDonald cross after the Bay again failed to clear the danger.

Cruden Bay did start the second half with a bit more determination, however, their initial efforts came to nothing. Watson attempted to beat three players but then put his final effort over.

Pirie then had to move quickly to punch a free kick from McDonald away to safety. A good move by the Bay ended with Goodwin being fouled on the edge of the Nairn area.

However, Anderson’s kick was blocked by the Nairn defensive wall and the ball cleared.

With 64 minutes gone the Bay fell further behind. Again their defence was caught flat-footed and Robertson ran through, rounded Pirie and stroked the ball into the empty net. A free kick from McDonald from outside the area went well off the mark and Sutherland then put his effort well over following a Nairn corner.

Ross then just managed to collect a Morrison cross from the right at the second attempt.

The Bay then had a lucky escape when the ball was played square to the unmarked Sutherland whose shot hit the post, the ball eventually being cleared.

Nairn then had another chance when Finnie put his shot wide. However, the afternoon’s misery was complete for the Bay when Sutherland stabbed the ball home from close range to make it six for the home side.

CRUDEN BAY: Pirie, Ferris, Anderson, Sime, Findlay, Wilby, Morrison, Ritchie, Goodwin, Lynch, Watson. Subs: Park, Sangster, Duthie.