Bay fail to take the points against league leaders

Share this article

It was back to league duty again on Saturday, for Cruden Bay in this PMAC Division game following last week’s Scottish Cup defeat at Shettleston.

The first five minutes saw even play with no side gaining any advantage. Mair then put in a good long range pass from midfield for Whyte; however, the latter was unable to collect the ball.

Strachan, for the home side put in a looping cross from the left which McKessick did well to collect when under pressure from.

The home side went ahead after 14 minutes when McTavish latched onto a long ball from defence and ran on to put the advancing McKessick.

Colony Park then began to take control, exerting pressure on the Bay defence, which found difficulty at times in regaining possession.

The Bay did have a chance when Tocher put in a pass from the right to Whyte and the ball was deflected to K. Park; however, the Bay attacker‘s final shot went tamely to keeper Duguid.

At the other end McKessick saved comfortably from a Strachan free kick from 25 yards.

A Mair shot was then palmed out by Duguid; the ball fell to Whyte,whose shot was saved by the keeper as K. Park tried to connect with the ball and another through ball from Mair was collected by the home keeper as K. Park again tried to get on the end of it.

Ramsay made a run down the left and put in a cross which Turriff was able to clear. The home side were then lucky when a K. Park free kick bobbled about in their six-yard box and rebounded of the bar before Duguid was able to collect the ball.

A K. Park free kick from the left was headed over the bar by Sime, as the Bay tried to get the equaliser.

McKessick then had to move smartly off his line to collect the ball as McDonald tried to collect a long ball from the home defence.

Play at this stage, midway through the second half became somewhat scrappy as neither side was able to get on top.

However, McDonald for the home side did manage a shot when he found himself free, but the effort went over.

Whyte then did well to get the ball across goal to K Park whose shot was punched clear by Duguid.

The home side increased their lead after 75 minutes when A Maitland collected the ball after the Bay defence had failed to clear the ball and ran on to put the ball past McKessick.

The Bay tried get back into the game; K. Park‘ s initial shot was blocked by R Maitland and the ball rebounded to him; however the Bay stricker put his second effort over the bar.

Substitute Glendinning, then put his effort over the bar after he had received a deflection from a through ball from Whyte.

The substitute also had another shot deflected wide from a Whyte cross.

McKessick then had to be alert to tip a Bonarius header from a Brown cross, over the bar.

Although the Bay tried to get a goal back against the league leaders it was not to be.

CRUDEN BAY: McKessick, Buchan, Wisely, Duncan, Sime, Mair, Findlay, ramsay, K. Park, Tocher, Whyte. Subs: Inglis, J. Park, Glendinning, Reid.