Another win for Colony

editorial image

Colony Park Juniors won their latest match against league leaders Fraserburgh United as they work through the backlog of league fixtures.

Fraserburgh United started the match well with a move down the left ending with a cross into the box which was headed into the Colony net to give them the lead in the first minute of the match.

Colony Park fought back and in the third minute Jack STRACHAN hit a shot on the turn which the Fraserburgh keeper saved but the striker picked up the rebound and placed the ball in the net to level the score.

Two minutes later Calvin RODDIE broke on the left and his cross was touched into the Fraserburgh by the keeper to give Colony a 2-1 lead after 5 minutes.

Colony continued to attack their opponents with Roddie having a shot saved before his team added a third.

Morrison took the fiercely struck shot which the Fraserburgh keeper punched away but straight to STRACHAN whose shot from close range found the net giving Inverurie side a 3-1 lead after 13 minutes.

Durno was next on target for Colony when he headed goal wards only for the Broch keeper to make a fine save to deny him on 18 minutes.

On the 20 minute mark Fraserburgh Utd subbed their goalkeeper.

In 28 minutes Strachan turned and shot on the right edge of the box only for his shot to be just wide of the post.

On 39 minutes Colony had a corner from which Morrison headed against the bar around five minutes before the interval.

On 43 minutes with Colony down to ten men with Craig Brown off the pitch injured, Strachan had a shot which the keeper saved with his legs only to see the ball strike a retreating defended rebounding into the Fraserburgh net to give Colony Park a 4-1 lead at half time.

Fraserburgh had their best spell of the match and scored in 62 minutes to make the score 4-2.

Colony almost added a fifth in 69 minutes when Bonarius ended a good move by hitting the bar from an acute angle.

There were much fewer chances at both ends as the second half proceeded compared to the opening 45mins.

In 76 minutes Ross had a header saved while Marwick made a great save at the other end to deny Fraserburgh.

Colony will next face Buchanhaven Hearts at home on Saturday, KO 2:00pm, before a game on Tuesday at home to Glentanar, KO 7:00pm.