An easy victory as Longside march on in the Cup

Longside travelled to Elgin on Saturday to play Bishopmill United in the Scottish Junior Cup.

Porter found himself through on goal but his cross was cleared when maybe a strike at goal would have been a better option.

A Stainton shot from the edge of the box was parried by Cameron, Walker was quickly onto the loose ball but he was adjudged to be offside.

Burgess had a shot from long range but his effort went well wide.

The visitors pressure finally paid off in 21 minutes when Mark Stainton took a pass from Norris 25 yards out and then he guided the ball past the stranded Cameron to open the scoring.

Mellis had a chance for the home side when he was sent clear but Arthur was on hand to block the danger. Longside scored a second in 36 minutes when Sean Beddie rose to head home a Norris free kick.

The 50th minute saw Ross Walker on hand to stab home a Porter cross from close range.

Four minutes later Longside added a fourth when Scott Porter scored after good work by Walker.

Ross Walker scored his second and Longside’s fifth in 62 minutes.

Bishopmill pulled a goal back in 64 minutes when Ryan Donaldson’s attempted clearance finished in the back of the net.

Craig Bruce scored a fine solo effort a minute later to notch number six for Longside.

Craik and Whyte replaced Donaldson and Porter in the 69th minute.

Euan Little latched onto a Norris pass to steer the ball beyond Cameron.

The scoring was complete in the 81st minute when slack marking allowed Colin Mitchell to head home a Bishopmill corner.

This was an easy victory for Longside who were always in control and the final outcome was never in danger.

Hopefully they can build on this and the same level of effort will be needed this Saturday when they travel to play Fraserburgh United in the the PMAC group Superleague, kick-off 2pm.

LONSIDE: Thomson, B. Davidson, Beddie, Donaldson, Arthur, Norris, Porter, Stainton, Little, Walker and Bruce. Subs: Whyte, Butcher, Craik, Usher and Duncan.