In the North East Timber Supplies Buchan League, Methlick entertained Dales FC and the home side continued to score freely, winning 6-2.

The winning goals came from Kevin Taylor, who netted a brace, and one each from Marc Ligertwood, Craig Smith, Stuart Skene and James Gracey. Scoring for the away side was Michael Hay and Mark Munro.

Cuminestown faced Hatton and it was a sea-saw game.

The first half was goalless then the away side took the lead. Town then drew level and Hatton regained the lead only for Town to draw level again.

Town then took the lead but Hatton drew level but with only a few minutes remaining Colin Bates struck for the home side to net all three points.

Longside Thistle faced a Balmoor side who have hit a run of form lately and this was expected to be a close affair and it ended with the away side winning by 4-2.

Panasonic stay top of the league after they won against Glenugie United scoring three goals without reply earning them another three league points.

Ardallie were up against Peterhead Pensioners and it was the home side that won all three points with a 6-1 win.

In the first round of the Hatton Cup, Dales FC had Panasonic and in a high-scoring match it was the away team that progress to the quarter-finals winning by 6-3.

A quarter-final match between Peterhead teams Balmoor and Phd Pensioners proved to be an easy passage to the semi-finals for Balmoor scoring seven goals without reply.

In another quarter-final Longside Thistle entertained Cuminestown and it ended with a comfortable passage to the semi-finals for Longside scoring five goals without reply.

In the second round of the Highland Cup Balmoor travelled to Keith to face Ugie United and the home side had a comfortable win by 9- 1.

The last Buchan team, Cuminestown, faced NESFA team Faithlie United and the 90 minutes ended all square at three goals each.

There were no more goals after extra time, it was then a penalty shootout which the home team won 4-2.

Fixtures for Thursday, July 4:

Hatton Cup quarter-finals - Hatton v Panasonic; Methlick v Ardallie.

League - Longside Th v Phd Pensioners.

Strachan Pharmacy Shield prelim-Dales FC v Panasonic (all 7pm kick-off).

Monday, July 8:

League - Glenugie Utd v Hatton; Longside Th v Methlick; Panasonic v Ardallie; Phd Pensioners v Dales FC (7pm kick-off).

In the North East Scotland Welfare Deejays Nightclub League Invercairn entertained Bellslea and the match ended in another three points for the away side after they won by 4-1.

The winning goals came from Arron Gall who netted a brace and one each from Liam Rollo and Liam Farquhar and for the home side was Stuart Noble.

Elizabethan Link Up faced St Combs and the away side took the lead on seven minutes with a goal from Stephen Bruce,.Peter Bruce doubled their lead on 22 minutes before Jordan Johnson pulled one back for the home side.

St Combs regained a two-goal lead when Craig Bruce converted a penalty on 53 minutes but Neil Holland converted a penalty for the home side to make it 3-2.

Back came St Combs and Peter Bruce restored the two-goal lead and then Craig Wylie got a third for the home side to complete the scoring on 87 minutes.

Mintlaw FC entertained Bellslea and the home side had the better of the first half but couldn’t convert any of their chances created so it was goalless first half.

Bellslea started the second half the better and were beginning to control more of the game and on 63 minutes the away side took the lead when Jonathan garden converted a penalty.

Substitute Jordan Clark doubled the away side lead on 78 minutes. The home side pulled one back with a goal from Shaun Jamieson but they couldn’t find an equaliser.

Rosehearty Thistle faced Mormond Thistle in the last league game of the day and it was the home side that took all three points winning by the odd goal in five.

The winning goals came from Shaun McDonald, Mark McDonald and Sandy Maitland and replying for the visitors were Michael Cardno and Alan Anderson.

In the second round of the Highland Cup Clinton Thistle faced Galactous and it was a comfortable passage to the last eight for the home side running out winners by 7 -1.

The winning goals came from David Slater with a hatrick, Simon Whyte with a brace and the others were from Alan Reid and Daniel Smith.

In another second round tie New Deer faced a trip to the highly fancied Burghead and it was proved right with the home side going through winning by 6-1. New Deer scorer was Damie Duncan.

New Pitsligo made the long trip to face Lanbryde and it was a good day for Pitsligo scoring four goals without reply.

Scorers were Richard Wisley, Daniel kewley and a brace from Dillon Cassie.

Faithlie United faced a short trip to face Cuminestown and this was very tight game and it was 3-3 at the end of the 90 minutes and no more goals came in extra time and it was a penalty shootout which the home side won 4-2.

Scorers for Town were Daryn Bruce, David Stephen and Scott Moir and for the away side were Andrew Whyte, Daniel Reid and Dale Allan.

Winning penalty takers were Steven Whitecross, john Jamieson, Shaun Mitchell and Scott Moir

Fixtures for Tuesday, July 2:

Deejays Nightclub League - New Deer v Mintlaw FC.

Friday, July 2:

Gordon Leask Memorial Cup final-Clinton Thistle v Bellslea at New Deer (7pm kick-off).

Saturday, July 6:

Deejays Nightclub League-Invercairn v Rosehearty Thistle; Mintlaw Fc v Elizabethan Link Up.

Brucklay Cup quarter-final-Faithlie United v Mormond Thistle; New Pitsligo v St Combs (kick-off 2pm).