Cup action galore in Buchan

In the first round of the Scottish Cup, Faithlie United faced Kirkmichael.

The home side took the lead after two minutes when they won a free kick on the edge of the box and it was played to M Buchan who cut in and shot into the bottom corner of the net.

One of the away front men had a shot from distance but it was well held by Whylie. The home side was unlucky when a Daniel Reid cross came back off the bar. A Muir free kick went close for the visitors.

Muir drew Kirmichael level on 18 minutes with a shot that looped over Whylie. Good defending by Danny Reid prevented the visitors going ahead. Muir then missed an open goal from 6 yards.

Just on half time Faithlie took the lead when Summers was played in and his shot was saved but rebounded to Buchan and his was blocked but Summers followed up to strike ended up in the net.

On 51 minutes a strike from distance hit the bar and came down over the goal line to draw level again. The visitors won the match with five minutes left by the way of a penalty which was stroked home by Hawkins

New Pitsligo entertained Taynault and this game had a late kick off due to traffic problems.

The visitors took a two goal lead but Pitsligo scored twice before half time to draw level and then went on to score four more without reply in the second half to win 6-2 and earn their place in the second round.

The winning goals were scored by Michael Stephen with a brace and one a piece from Neil Christie, Morven Wood, Oliver Black and Richard Wisely.

Deejays Nightclub League

Rosehearty thistle played hosts to New Deer and the visitors went in front with a goal from ever green Willie Robbie,

The home side then levelled and then Robbie put the visitors in front before half time. In the second half and Lewis Neil increased the New Deer lead to 3-1 and then Jimmy Ritchie made it 4-1 before the home side got a second to finish the scoring. The home side goals came from Scott Sim and Barry Shepard.

Brucklay Cup quarter finals

Bellslea were up against Cheers for a semi final spot and the away side found themselves 3-1 ahead but then Bellslea hit the goal trail scoring another nine goals to finish up winning 10-3.

Bellslea scorers were Stewart Whyte with a hatrick, Braces from Gavin Wemyss and William Calder and one a piece from Arron Gall, Christopher Mackie and Grant McDonald with his first goal for Bellslea which has taken a long time to come considering he is a player who plays in nearly all Bellslea games. Replying for Cheers was John Bruce, Bruce Cowe and Daniel Simpson.

In another quarter final tie, Invercairn United faced Panasonic Tavern and it was the home side that progresses to the semi final with a seven goals to two win. The winning goals came from Gilbert Patterson Jnr 2 and one each from Jamie Martin, Nicky Tait, John James Sim , Darren Barbour and Jamie Forman and replying for Panasonic Tavern was

The other quarter final was between Clinton Thistle and St Drostans and it was the home side that go through to the semis after winning 9-2. The home side scorers were Daniel Kewley, Matthew Cowe and peter Humphries all firing braces and one each from Willie Noble, Keith McIntyre and Robert Buchan and for St Drostans was


Deejays Nightclub league-Rosehearty Thistle 2 New Deer 4, Scottish Cup 1st Rd-Faithlie United 2 Kirk Michael 3, New Pitsligo 6 Taynault 2, Brucklay Cup Q/Finals-Invercairn United 7 Panasonic Tavern 2, Bellslea 10 Cheers 3, Clinton Thistle 9 St Drostans 2.


Friday, Sept 30 -Victoria Coaches Cup Final-Faithlie United v New Pitsligo played at Longside Fc 7pm ko, Sat 1 Oct-League-Elizabethan Link Up v Clinton Thistle, Panasonic Tavern v Rosehearty Thistle, Invercairn United v New Deer, Mormond Thistle v Bellslea, Cheers v St Drostans ko 2pm