THE village of New Deer is holding a special event this week to commemorate the remodelling of the public hall.
It is 56 years on August 24, 1956, since Alexander Dingwall-Fordyce of Brucklay opened the refurbished public hall in New Deer.
The hall and pleasure park are owned by the local community association for the benefit of the local community.
To mark the occasion Sandy Ritchie, a trustee of the community association, has arranged a special exhibition of memorabilia, pictures, stories and artefacts about New Deer and the parish over the centuries.
The event will be held in the public hall on Saturday, August 25, from 10am til 4pm and on Sunday, August 26, from 2pm til 4pm.
All are welcome to go along. Admission to the event is free.