Hatton lift Pharmacy Cup as Balmoor side trounced

editorial image

Longside Thistle had Glenugie United as visitors North East Timber Supplies Buchan League and it was the home side that earned all 3 points with a win by 4 -1.

Balmoor entertained Hatton in a re run of the Town Shield Cup Final and it was the away side that took the lead on 36 minutes with a goal from Martyn Duncan but the lead only lasted four minutes when the home side drew level with a goal from Michael Rhynd and there were no more goals in the match and it was a point each.

Peterhead Pensioners faced Ardallie in their league game and it was the away side that took all three points winning by 4-1.

The home side finished the game with 10 players after having Gary Buchan sent off.

Last game of the day was between Dales FC who had Methlick as their opposition and it was another three points for Methlick after they won by 3-1.

In the Strachan Pharmacy Shield Final, the first 15 minutes play went from end to end without anyone creating any openings.

The first chance of the match fell to Hatton when M. Duncan played in Noble and his shot beat Campbell in the Balmoor goal but M. Waddell got back to clear off the line.

On 23 minutes Hatton took the lead when Bain held off two defenders and crossed to the back post where Craig Malcolm headed home.

This spurred on Balmoor and a great run by Cordiner down the right and he sent a dangerous cross along the six yard box but there were no takers.

On 32 minutes M. Waddell attempted to cut out a through ball but didn’t get enough on it and it left James Bain through and he coolly slotted the ball home.

AJ Buchan had a great chance to pull a goal back after he was played in on the left and his shot was saved by the feet of Fuerst.

Seven minutes before half time and a long ball over the Balmoor defence was latched on to by Bain and he rounded the keeper to score number three.

The second half was only three minutes old when James Bain received the ball out on the left and he curled a beauty right into the top corner of the net.

M. Waddell pushed up front in the second half had a 20 yard shot which went narrowly past the post.

On the hour mark Balmoor were reduced to ten men after M Waddell was sent off.

A Balmoor corner was swung in and Callaghan headed wide from ten yards.

AJ Buchan had a shot brilliantly tipped onto the bar and over by Fuerst.

Bain on the right crossed to Cowie but Campbell came out to block.

Martyn Duncan added a fifth with an excellent curling shot from outside the box right into the top corner of the net.

On 86 minutes from a Geddes corner Jay Buchan came in at the front post to head home the sixth.

The match ended, with Hatton running out, comfortable winners, keeping a clean sheet.

Defender Steve Murray marshalled the Hatton defence well limiting Balmoor to few chances and Bain up front always a threat.

HATTON: Fuerst, Noble, J Buchan, Murray, McRobbie, Duncan, Geddes, McNeill, Bain, Malcolm, Hastie

BALMOOR: Campbell, S Waddell, McGarroll, M Rhynd, S Good, Fraser, Cordiner, Walker, C Good, M Waddell, AJ Buchan.

Results from the North East Timber Supplies Buchan League-Phd Pensioners 1, Ardallie 4; Longside Thistle 4, Glenugie United 1; Balmoor 1, Hatton 1; Dales FC 1, Methlick 3.

Strachan Pharmacy Cup Final-Balmoor 0, Hatton 6.

Fixtures for Thursday, August 15:

Ardallie Cup, first round - Methlick v Hatton.

Quarter-final - Phd Pensioners v Glenugie Utd; Panasonic v Balmoor; Cuminestown v Longside Thistle.

Monday, Augut 19:

League-Hatton v Balmoor; Longside Thistle v Cuminestown; Methlick v Phd Pensioners.