Dyce prove just too good for Maud

Maud had the first effort on goal against Dyce when Duguid fired in a shot from edge of the box but it went well wide of the goals.

It took until the 15 minute for Dyce to take the lead after Bartlet got the better of S Robertson and his cross was met by McNamee and he controlled the ball with his arm before putting into the empty net.

Gordon received the ball inside the box and he turned and his shot was straight at Barbour in the away goal.

Good work by Fraser and he fired in a shot from the left hand side of the box but it went well wide of the target.

The home side doubled their lead after poor defending left McNamee with only Barbour to beat and he calmly slotted home past the diving keeper. From the left Gordon sent in a perfect cross and for an unmarked McNamee to head over from six yards.

The best chance of the half for the visitors came on 40 minutes when Duguid went past two defenders and fired in a curling shot from outside of the box only to see it beat the home keeper but came back off the post and away.

Dyce had another great chance after a ball over the Maud defence saw McNamee yards offside but the referee waived play on, he lobbed the keeper but it went over the bar.

Just before half time a freekick for Maud was taken by Hale and it needed to be tipped over the bar by Buchanan.

Maud started the second half better and came close to pulling a goal back when Fraser sent in a cross from the right and it was deflected goalwards but Buchanan just did enough to keep the ball out of the net. Minutes later it was 3-0 to Dyce when a ball over the top of the Maud defence saw Gordon standing well offside but no whistle came and he lobbed Barbour to score.

On 58 minutes Maud made a change with Hodge being replaced by Ritchie. Fraser had a shot from distance easily saved by Buchanan.

On 65 Minutes Duguid was replaced by S Bremner. For the next 10 minutes Dyce controlled the play then Maud were stunned by an amazing decision by the referee after J. Robertson was shielding a ball back to Barbour and holding off the striker, the referee blew for a penalty and sent the defender off. Justice was done when Gordon blasted the ball over the bar.

On 83 minutes Maud made their last change when Simpson came on for Fraser. While the away side battled hard, they couldn’t find a sight of goal and it ended in a comfortable win for Dyce.

This was a very poor performance by Maud who struggled to create any good decent chances throughout the game.

And when the final whistle came they were well beaten by Dyce who thoroughly deserved to win all three points.

Some of the match official decisions were mystifying, especially when the referee showed a red card as there were no appeals from the home side for a penalty. Maud will hope to bounce back on Saturday when they travel to face Port Gordon in the GA Engineering Inter Regional Cup 1st round (ko: 2pm).

Maud: J Barbour, Graham, Hall, S Robertson, J Robertson, Rae, Fraser, Duguid, Hodge, Hale, AlexanderSubs: Simpson, Bain, Ritchie, S Bremner, Stott