A celebration took place on Sunday, June 8 at St. James Scottish Episcopal Church, Cruden Bay.
Rt. Rev Bod Gillies, Bishop of Aberdeen and Orkney, took the Service and the blessing and anointing of the new bell.
The bell was made in Loughborough in 1864 and it was refurbished back at the foundry in Loughborough.
One of the inscriptions which encircle the bell in raised lettering, forming part of the original casting, indicates that the donors of the bell were Gul McKay, John Adam of Scobbach and others.
John Adam was a Director of the North of Scotland Banking Company, Aberdeen in 1836.
At the end of the service the ringing of the bell was for the first time in 25 years.